IFMR Poland International Tour Bydgoszcz, Poland
16 September - 19 SeptemberEUR250
In the early autumn of 2021, we would like to invite all motorcycling Rotarians to a charming corner of Poland – to the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship.
The Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship covers an area of 18,000 square kilometers, with 2,068 million inhabitants. It has two capitals – Bydgoszcz and Toruń. The main cities of the region are, apart from Bydgoszcz and Toruń, Włocławek, Grudziądz and Inowrocław. The region lies in the central part of Poland, on both banks of the Vistula, the largest Polish river, in its lower reaches.
In the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship there are many monuments, among them are objects of world rank (the Old Town complex of Toruń inscribed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List, Roman monuments of Strzelno).
Whoever wants to discover the beauty of Kuyavian and Pomerania will not regret it. There is everything you could want – powerful forests, charming lakes, clean rivers, renowned spas, traditional villages and historical monuments worth seeing. It is a dream place to improve health, collect mushrooms, hunting, fishing, water sports and horse rides. Valuable especially because we can “touch the Gothic” and see the place where the great European astronomer, Nicolaus Copernicus, was born. And see how people lived here seven hundred years BC – looking into the Slavic settlement in Biskupin. And when leaving, take home the Toruń gingerbread or a jar of plum jam from the Lower Vistula Valley with good memories.
Preliminary rally plan:
Thursday – arrival, evening sightseeing in Bydgoszcz.
Friday – route (182 km):
– Bydgoszcz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYoCpOzI-8
– Biskupin (the Slavonian settlement – 2h) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc_KLJrD054
– Inowrocław (graduation towers – coffee – 1h)
– Toruń (dinner + sightseeing – 2 / 3h) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNEMbzaf5Ys
Saturday – route (213 km):
– Golub Dobrzyn (teutonic castle – 2h) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFN0nLO0Qvg
– Chełmno (city of lovers – 1h) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXyyR5DPmGw
– Chrystkowo (dinner in mennonic hut + sightseeing – 2/3 h)
Sunday – departure
We warmly invite everyone to participate in our tour!
With a Rotary greeting,